Although the October Country Inn is a converted 1860 era farmhouse, it complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While the Act doesn’t require the inn to provide accessible rooms in all situations due to its size and age, we work to ensure that any guest who wishes to visit can do so regardless of physical ability.
Among the steps we take to comply with the ADA:
- The October Country Inn website is built on a Word Press Avada theme platform which is compliant with ADA required Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
- Although we are not a pet-friendly inn, ADA specified service animals are allowed.
- Individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities.
- A special accessibility icon is located upper right on the Availability, and Reservation pages. When clicked, a drop-down menu contains a number of accessibility tools.
- We ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented.
- We guarantee that a specific accessible guest room, once reserved, is no longer listed as available for reservation, and is held solely for the reserving customer.
- The description of our guest rooms on the website includes photos as well as written details so that persons with disabilities can determine whether or not a room meets their needs. We are further available to answer any additional questions, and are open to making specialized arrangements to the best of our ability, and resources.